When I describe content, it’s hard to zero in on just one thing. Now, there’s an even bigger term to encompass it all — content marketing. Over millions of pieces of content marketing are published every day from social media posts, infographics, white papers, ebooks, emails, slideshares, presentations, marketing dictionaries, guest posts, blog posts — the list could keep going.
As content marketing itself expands, the individual subsections of content expand as well. One subsection in particular — blog posts. At least 2 million blog posts are published every day and they represent a huge part of content marketing, if not the main component. Blog posts are the essence of content marketing because they help point out engagement with your audience to then hopefully beyond your audience with a viral post.
The latter thought is like making it to the content marketing hall of fame. Having a viral piece of content is a marketer’s dream come true. Well, we’re hoping we can give you a roadmap of that dream.
Introducing The Colossal Content Marketing Report. We analyzed over 4,618 blogs, 1.2 million blog posts, and nearly 2 billion social shares to determine what causes a viral blog posts.
Here’s what you will learn in the Colossal Content Marketing Report:
- What days of the week increase engagement?
- Is there a time of day that a post will receive more social shares?
- Will using ? or !s in my titles affect a post?
- What are the most frequent words used in blog titles?
- What platforms do blog posts get shared on?
- Will publishing a blog post more than once a day increase the chances of having a post go viral?
Want even more of the data? Download the rest of the Colossal Content Marketing Report on our Resources page.